transforming static files

Mark Lybarger
i have a bunch of files on a local filesystem (ok, it's NAS) that I serve up using an nginx docker image, just pointing the doc root to the system i want to share.

that's fine for my xml files.  the users can browse and see then on the filesystem.

i also have some .bin files that can be converted using a custom java api.  how can i easily hook the bin files to processed through a command on the system?

java -jar MyTranscoder.jar myInputFile.bin

Re: transforming static files

Francis Daly
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 01:38:28PM -0400, Mark Lybarger wrote:

Hi there,

> i also have some .bin files that can be converted using a custom java api.
> how can i easily hook the bin files to processed through a command on the
> system?
>
> java -jar MyTranscoder.jar myInputFile.bin

The easy way would seem to be for you to process those static input
files into the desired static output files, and then let nginx serve
the static output files as files.

If you want something more than that, you are probably going to have
to decide what desired behaviour is, and come up with a design that
implements it. It's hard to be more specific than that, with the
information available.