Quantcast

proxy_protocol not accepting TCP connection

proxy_protocol not accepting TCP connection

Kilian Ries

Hi,

i configured my nginx with proxy_protocol, ssl and http2:

server {

        listen 443 ssl http2 proxy_protocol;

}

Now nginx is accepting proxy_protocol connections but not normal TCP connections. Is there any change to let nginx accept both connection types? I have a situation where are two different loadbalancers in front of nginx:

-          Haproxy with proxy_protocol

-          pfsense with simple tcp loadbalancer

As it seems nginx is only capable of accepting one connection type at once. It would be great if nginx can accept normal tcp connections and proxy_protocol at the same time.

Thanks

Greets

Kilian

Re: proxy_protocol not accepting TCP connection

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 08:27:15AM +0000, Kilian Ries wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i configured my nginx with proxy_protocol, ssl and http2:
>
> server {
>         listen 443 ssl http2 proxy_protocol;
>
> …
> }
>
> Now nginx is accepting proxy_protocol connections but not normal
> TCP connections. Is there any change to let nginx accept both
> connection types? I have a situation where are two different
> loadbalancers in front of nginx:
>

> -          Haproxy with proxy_protocol
>
> -          pfsense with simple tcp loadbalancer
>
> As it seems nginx is only capable of accepting one connection
> type at once. It would be great if nginx can accept normal tcp
> connections and proxy_protocol at the same time.

Consider configured different listening sockets with distinct
settings, for example, on different ports.

http://nginx.org/