proxy_cache does not work

vedranf
Hello,

I am running nginx 0.7.57 on FreeBSD 7.1 64 bit

I have added following lines to http config:

    proxy_cache_path  /home/nginx/cache levels=1:2 keys_zone=one:10m max_size=200m;
    proxy_temp_path /home/nginx/temp;

and following in server location:

    location /site/search {
        proxy_pass http://backend;
        proxy_cache             one;
        proxy_cache_key         backend$request_uri;
        proxy_cache_valid       1m;
    }

However, when I reload config and try accessing website, nothing is being put into cache folders.

Is something obviously wrong in my config and if not, what are the ways to debug why proxy cache does not work? (i have checked permissions etc. already)

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,2443,2443#msg-2443

Re: proxy_cache does not work

Igor Sysoev
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 03:27:04AM -0400, Nime wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running nginx 0.7.57 on FreeBSD 7.1 64 bit
>
> I have added following lines to http config:
>
>     proxy_cache_path  /home/nginx/cache levels=1:2 keys_zone=one:10m max_size=200m;
>     proxy_temp_path /home/nginx/temp;
>
> and following in server location:
>
>     location /site/search {
>         proxy_pass http://backend;
>         proxy_cache             one;
>         proxy_cache_key         backend$request_uri;
>         proxy_cache_valid       1m;
>     }
>
> However, when I reload config and try accessing website, nothing is being put into cache folders.
>
> Is something obviously wrong in my config and if not, what are the ways to debug why proxy cache does not work? (i have checked permissions etc. already)

Does backend returns any "Expires" or "Cache-Control" headers ?

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/

Re: proxy_cache does not work

vedranf
write on spot, Igor, many thanks.... большое спасибо :-)

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,2443,2462#msg-2462