nginx plus - purge multiple URLs in one request

nginx plus - purge multiple URLs in one request

vergil
Hello,

we use nginx plus for caching and purge URLs automatic by our Shopsystem. In
some times we have a lot of URLs to purge and need for every (sometimes
wildcard purge) an extra request.

Is it possible to purge a list of urls in one request?

regards
Carsten

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,288687,288687#msg-288687

Re: nginx plus - purge multiple URLs in one request

Francis Daly
On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 08:28:35AM -0400, CarstenK. wrote:

Hi there,

> we use nginx plus for caching and purge URLs automatic by our Shopsystem. In
> some times we have a lot of URLs to purge and need for every (sometimes
> wildcard purge) an extra request.
>
> Is it possible to purge a list of urls in one request?

http://nginx.org/r/proxy_cache_purge suggests "no". (At least: not using
that directive.)

It looks like it does single exact-match or single prefix-match in
one request.

Is it possible to set the expiry appropriately at read-time, so that
things will auto-expire without needing to be purged?

Re: nginx plus - purge multiple URLs in one request

vergil
Hi Francis,

thank you for your fast reply. prices or other product information are
changing not very often, so i can cache product sites for a very long time
and only need to refresh f there are changes. If there are changes i purge
sites automaticly, so they are "always" correct.

I think it a good way for me and it's working fine, only purging needs to
much time :(

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,288687,288707#msg-288707