nginx-extras

Jeff Dyke
I realize this may not be the best place to ask, but thought someone may know.

I am using nginx-extras which runs 1.10, for some very helpful lua functionality, and nginx stable just hit the apt repositories on 1.12, does anyone know how quickly nginx-extras may be updated to 1.12?

I would like to avoid self compilation as all machines are managed via saltstack. and i would like to take advantage of the latest stable.

Thanks for any info, even if only historical knowledge.  I'll also put this on the ubuntu lists, but feel it will just get lost in the volume.

Best,
Jeff