nginx and eaccelerator

Andrii Balytskyi
Should worker_processes be kept to 1, I read somewhere that with lighty
you should do this or all the information for eaccelerator gets
duplicated with each process, is this an issue with nginx?

Re: nginx and eaccelerator

APseudoUtopia
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Chris Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Should worker_processes be kept to 1, I read somewhere that with lighty
> you should do this or all the information for eaccelerator gets
> duplicated with each process, is this an issue with nginx?

I believe in the documentation it suggests that you set
worker_processes to the number of CPU cores on the system.

As for how this influences a PHP Opcode cacher, I'm not sure. I
currently run XCache with my setup, and it does seem to be working
just fine. Although I have not looked into the memory usage of PHP as
of yet.

Re: nginx and eaccelerator

Igor Sysoev
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:59:27PM +0200, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Should worker_processes be kept to 1, I read somewhere that with lighty
> you should do this or all the information for eaccelerator gets
> duplicated with each process, is this an issue with nginx?

nginx does not launch PHP processes, therefore there is no relations
between nginx worker and PHP processes.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/

Re: nginx and eaccelerator

Andrii Balytskyi
Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:59:27PM +0200, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
>> Should worker_processes be kept to 1, I read somewhere that with lighty
>> you should do this or all the information for eaccelerator gets
>> duplicated with each process, is this an issue with nginx?
>
> nginx does not launch PHP processes, therefore there is no relations
> between nginx worker and PHP processes.

Great Thanks!