Quantcast

nginx-1.13.0

Maxim Dounin
Changes with nginx 1.13.0                                        25 Apr 2017

    *) Change: SSL renegotiation is now allowed on backend connections.

    *) Feature: the "rcvbuf" and "sndbuf" parameters of the "listen"
       directives of the mail proxy and stream modules.

    *) Feature: the "return" and "error_page" directives can now be used to
       return 308 redirections.
       Thanks to Simon Leblanc.

    *) Feature: the "TLSv1.3" parameter of the "ssl_protocols" directive.

    *) Feature: when logging signals nginx now logs PID of the process which
       sent the signal.

    *) Bugfix: in memory allocation error handling.

    *) Bugfix: if a server in the stream module listened on a wildcard
       address, the source address of a response UDP datagram could differ
       from the original datagram destination address.

http://nginx.org/

Re: nginx-1.13.0

Alex Samad

On 26 April 2017 at 00:32, Maxim Dounin <[hidden email]> wrote:

    *) Change: SSL renegotiation is now allowed on backend connections.

What does this mean ?

reason I am asking is I would like to setup a site say example.com, that is SSL, with no need for client certs at root URI

but I would like to force a reneg at say /private/<...>

is that possible ..(I know its not backend, my hope is that if the code is there for the backend, then it might be available at the front end as well)

Re: nginx-1.13.0

Kevin Worthington
Hello Nginx users,

(I forgot to send this email yesterday.)

Now available: Nginx 1.13.0 for Windows https://kevinworthington.com/nginxwin1130 (32-bit and 64-bit versions)

These versions are to support legacy users who are already using Cygwin based builds of Nginx. Officially supported native Windows binaries are at nginx.org.

Announcements are also available here:
Twitter
http://twitter.com/kworthington
Google+ https://plus.google.com/+KevinWorthington/

Thank you,
Kevin
--
Kevin Worthington
kworthington *@* (gmail]  [dot} {com)

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 07:15:13AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:

> On 26 April 2017 at 00:32, Maxim Dounin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> >     *) Change: SSL renegotiation is now allowed on backend connections.
> >

> What does this mean ?
>

> reason I am asking is I would like to setup a site say example.com, that is
> SSL, with no need for client certs at root URI
>
> but I would like to force a reneg at say /private/<...>
>
> is that possible ..(I know its not backend, my hope is that if the code is
> there for the backend, then it might be available at the front end as well)

No, it is not possible to client certificates only for some URIs
in nginx, and unlikely will be possible in the foreseeable future.
This is implemented by some other servers though, and in the past
there were several reports about interoperability problems with
such servers when nginx talked to them via proxy_pass.  For
additional details see http://hg.nginx.org/nginx/rev/ac9b1df5b246.

http://nginx.org/