lzw compression

Mark Lybarger
Hi,

I have embedded clients using my REST api (HTTP POST/GET etc).  We want to be able to compress the client data over the wire so that there are fewer packets.  Apparently, in some markets, people still pay by the MB.  The embedded client can only support LZW compression due to available memory/space on the device.

I see the option to enable gzip compression, but that's not going to work for me.  Any help or tips would be appreciated on possible solutions for me.  I'd like to transparently decompress the traffic before it gets to my application layer.

Thanks!
-mark-