ipv6 name resolution dependency/requirement

ipv6 name resolution dependency/requirement

pankaj
I am running into a strange issue that nginv upstream is not resolvingname that only has AAAA records. To me it seems that nginx looks for system parameters to decide whether it needs to look for AAAA (ipv6) record or just fail at A record lookup.

It will be good to know those parameter's and other people who run into this issue to have some content in searches to refer too.

thanks,

-P

RE: ipv6 name resolution dependency/requirement

pankaj

ok, i was able to nail it down and get it to work.

Sharing details here for reference in case someone else run into the same issue:

the setting which nginx reference to use ipv6 (AF_INET6) name resolution is net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6

which you can set with this command :

sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6=0

If you are running it in container's like i was you will need to run the container in privileged mode for it to work.