Quantcast

fastcgi_pass and http upstream

is is possible to have a upstream that contains point to http and phpfpm?

Kind Regards,
Vucomir Ianculov
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Phone: (+40) 722 - 690 - 514
View Vucomir Ianculov's profile on LinkedIn
Vucomir Ianculov

Re: fastcgi_pass and http upstream

nginx mailing list
corrected question

i have a situation where i have 2 Apache backed server and 2 php-fpm backed server. i would like to setup up a upstream to include all 4 back-ends or somehow to balance the requestion on all 4 back-ends back-ends.
is it possible?

Thanks.

Br,
Vuko

Re: fastcgi_pass and http upstream

nginx mailing list
HI Yuriy,

can you please give me an example of the vhost configuration for this situation?

Thanks.

Re: fastcgi_pass and http upstream

Hi

i have search on the documentation but i was not able to find it, can you please give me an example on who it's done?

Thanks.

Re: fastcgi_pass and http upstream

nginx mailing list
cab someone please help me with an example?

i have search on the documentation but i was not able to find it, can you please give me an example on who it's done?

Thanks.

is is possible to have a upstream that contains point to http and phpfpm?

Re: fastcgi_pass and http upstream

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 08:47:00PM +0100, Vucomir Ianculov via nginx wrote:

Hi there,

> i have a situation where i have 2 Apache backed server and 2 php-fpm backed server. i would like to setup up a upstream to include all 4 back-ends or somehow to balance the requestion on all 4 back-ends back-ends.
> is it possible?

You have two http servers, and two fastcgi servers; and you want nginx
to handle a single request by using the appropriate one of proxy_pass
and fastcgi_pass, with telling nginx which one to use?

I do not think that it can be done.

You can share certain requests among the http servers; and you can share
certain other requests among the fastcgi servers; but I believe you
can't have a single incoming request balanced across different protocols
in stock nginx.