error_page not honored

Frank Liu
I setup my own error_page for 400 but it doesn't seem to be honored. The default page still is returned when client failed to provide certificate. Any ideas?

< HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
< Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:50:04 GMT
< Connection: close
<
<center><h1>400 Bad Request</h1></center>
<center>No required SSL certificate was sent</center>

Re: error_page not honored

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 10:54:06AM -0700, Frank Liu wrote:

> I setup my own error_page for 400 but it doesn't seem to be honored. The
> default page still is returned when client failed to provide certificate.
> Any ideas?

Quoting docs
(http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_ssl_module.html#errors):

: The ngx_http_ssl_module module supports several non-standard
: error codes that can be used for redirects using the error_page
: directive:
:
: 495
: an error has occurred during the client certificate verification;
: 496
: a client has not presented the required certificate;
: 497
: a regular request has been sent to the HTTPS port.