Way to deny all requests if any upstream is down

Way to deny all requests if any upstream is down

rnburn
Hi All,

Is there any way to deny all requests if any upstream servers are down?.

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273881,273881#msg-273881

Re: Way to deny all requests if any upstream is down

Michael Salmon
You can do it if all upstream servers are down but I don't think that any is possible. Just have a backup server that replies with a 502 to any url. I did something similar recently but you need to have a backup server that can take care of all methods, get, post etc.

/Michael Salmon
SE KI34 06 341C (OLC: 9FFVCX34+67Q8)
+46 722 184 909