Quantcast

Unix domain socket and restart

Michael Salmon
I started testing using a Unix domain socket so that I could a way to send a message when my site was down for maintenance but I ran into a problem. When I restarted nginx it complained that the sockets already existed and wouldn't start. Is this the expected behaviour?

/Michael Salmon
SE KI34 06 341C (OLC: 9FFVCX34+67Q8)
+46 722 184 909

Re: Unix domain socket and restart

Syed Imran
Test mail,

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Michael Salmon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I started testing using a Unix domain socket so that I could a way to send a message when my site was down for maintenance but I ran into a problem. When I restarted nginx it complained that the sockets already existed and wouldn't start. Is this the expected behaviour?

/Michael Salmon
SE KI34 06 341C (OLC: 9FFVCX34+67Q8)

Re: Unix domain socket and restart

AjaySawant
Michael Salmon Wrote:
> I started testing using a Unix domain socket so that I could a way to
> send a message when my site was down for maintenance but I ran into a
> problem. When I restarted nginx it complained that the sockets already
> existed and wouldn't start. Is this the expected behaviour?

No, is bug.
Here fix
http://hg.nginx.org/pkg-oss/rev/fa1476eab346

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,274090,274093#msg-274093