Two internal ports on same host in Single Web App.

Two internal ports on same host in Single Web App.

Olaf van der Spek
I have an application runs on port 8080.
Ex: 192.168.1.10:8080/Index.html.

This landing page has basic username and password authentication to access
it. After login, it changes the port automatically to 8088.
Ex: 192.168.1.10:8088/#/monitor.

I need external users to access this application using only port 80 and
Nginx to rewrite between both ports.
Ex. app.domain.com

How can I configure this. please advice.

Regards
Janaka

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,286825,286825#msg-286825

Re: Two internal ports on same host in Single Web App.

J.R.
> I have an application runs on port 8080.
> Ex: 192.168.1.10:8080/Index.html.
>
> This landing page has basic username and password authentication to access
> it. After login, it changes the port automatically to 8088.
> Ex: 192.168.1.10:8088/#/monitor.
>
> I need external users to access this application using only port 80 and
> Nginx to rewrite between both ports.
> Ex. app.domain.com
>
> How can I configure this. please advice.

As it looks like your example they are different directories, you just
set a different proxy for each location...

Just make sure you pay attention to the order of operations when
specifying locations.