Quantcast

The forum integration

Michael Shadle
Can I go ahead and say that this is getting annoying?

It either needs to be transparently integrated or not. Being copied on
each forum thread, while I enjoy forums, really does suck.

Maybe we can take this offline (Cliff, Jim, anyone else) and figure
out a better solution.

Then we won't need [FORUM] either, as it will be transparent. Except
maybe a footer saying "posted from
http://forum.nginx.org/thread.php?3432 etc." - just like ruby-forum.

I'm sure we can find a two-way mail integration for vBulletin.

Re: The forum integration

Darrin Chandler
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 09:40:01AM -0700, mike wrote:
> Can I go ahead and say that this is getting annoying?

Very annoying.

> It either needs to be transparently integrated or not. Being copied on
> each forum thread, while I enjoy forums, really does suck.

I'd like it if forums stayed on the web and far, far away from the
mailing list. Just my opinion.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[hidden email]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/

Re: The forum integration

Michael Shadle
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Darrin Chandler
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like it if forums stayed on the web and far, far away from the
> mailing list. Just my opinion.

I thought about that, but without folks like Igor and Maxim, the
forums might be somewhat busy but won't have the "final say" that Igor
has, for instance.

Also it will wind up with a lot of cross-linking back and forth.
"There's a discussion on the mailing list right now about this" or
"We've been talking about it on the forum thread here ... " - then the
information becomes split-brained...

Re: The forum integration

Darrin Chandler
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:26:37AM -0700, mike wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Darrin Chandler
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'd like it if forums stayed on the web and far, far away from the
> > mailing list. Just my opinion.
>
> I thought about that, but without folks like Igor and Maxim, the
> forums might be somewhat busy but won't have the "final say" that Igor
> has, for instance.
>
> Also it will wind up with a lot of cross-linking back and forth.
> "There's a discussion on the mailing list right now about this" or
> "We've been talking about it on the forum thread here ... " - then the
> information becomes split-brained...
I'm a lot less concerned about the forums than with keeping the mailing
list as useful as it is now. Like I said, it's just my opinion.