Switch between upstream server

Praveen Kumar K S
Hello,

Is it possible to have multiple upstream servers defined in nginx configuration. But still the request should be sent to only one upstream server.
Lets say, I have two upstream servers A and B. Nginx should proxy request to A by default.
But when A is not available, it should send request to B.
When A come back, it should send requests to A.

Re: Switch between upstream server

Martin Grigorov
Hi,

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 3:22 PM Praveen Kumar K S <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to have multiple upstream servers defined in nginx configuration. But still the request should be sent to only one upstream server.
Lets say, I have two upstream servers A and B. Nginx should proxy request to A by default.
But when A is not available, it should send request to B.
When A come back, it should send requests to A.

I think you can achieve this by using a very high value of 'weight' - https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_upstream_module.html#upstream

Re: Switch between upstream server

Sam Henaghan
Please stop emailing me and delete anything or any information you have about me or even accounts please this wasn’t me whatever has been made so please delete

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 May 2020, at 1:22 pm, Praveen Kumar K S <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to have multiple upstream servers defined in nginx configuration. But still the request should be sent to only one upstream server.
> Lets say, I have two upstream servers A and B. Nginx should proxy request to A by default.
> But when A is not available, it should send request to B.
> When A come back, it should send requests to A.

RE: Switch between upstream server

Reinis Rozitis
> But when A is not available, it should send request to B.
> When A come back, it should send requests to A.

You can add 'backup' for the B server and it will be used only when all others (A) are down: https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_upstream_module.html#server

rr

Re: Switch between upstream server

redflag
Sam Henaghan Wrote:
receiving these posts on, weather you or someone else done this you need to
un-subscribe.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,288186,288193#msg-288193

Re: Switch between upstream server

Sam Henaghan
I can’t do so as when I go on it it says that 02 my phone company have blocked it and it’s not secure so please help me out if possible as I haven’t done it, I can’t possible do it I’ve clicked every link u av sent me aswell

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 May 2020, at 2:06 pm, itpp2012 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sam Henaghan Wrote:
> receiving these posts on, weather you or someone else done this you need to
> un-subscribe.

> Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,288186,288193#msg-288193

Re: Switch between upstream server

Andrei
Use the upstream backup option, not two active with weight differences

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 4:52 PM Sam Henaghan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can’t do so as when I go on it it says that 02 my phone company have blocked it and it’s not secure so please help me out if possible as I haven’t done it, I can’t possible do it I’ve clicked every link u av sent me aswell

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 May 2020, at 2:06 pm, itpp2012 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sam Henaghan Wrote:
> receiving these posts on, weather you or someone else done this you need to
> un-subscribe.

> Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,288186,288193#msg-288193

Re: Switch between upstream server

Sam Henaghan
I have tried all of them it took me to that page earlier I have been receiving emails for the last 2 days and there’s more than 10 of all different things that haven’t been me who’s set it up , the links you’ve sent me I have tried to log in with my usual email and and password I use and it’s not correct tried to click remind then it doesn’t work

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 May 2020, at 3:02 pm, Andrei <[hidden email]> wrote:

Use the upstream backup option, not two active with weight differences

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 4:52 PM Sam Henaghan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can’t do so as when I go on it it says that 02 my phone company have blocked it and it’s not secure so please help me out if possible as I haven’t done it, I can’t possible do it I’ve clicked every link u av sent me aswell

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 May 2020, at 2:06 pm, itpp2012 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sam Henaghan Wrote:
> receiving these posts on, weather you or someone else done this you need to
> un-subscribe.

> Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,288186,288193#msg-288193

RE: Switch between upstream server

Reinis Rozitis
> the links you’ve sent me I have tried to log in with my usual email and and password I use and it’s not correct tried to click remind then it doesn’t work

You can just send email to [hidden email] with subject 'unsubscribe'  (without quotes).
It should remove you from list (it probably will send a confirmation mail you should just make a reply without changing anything).

rr