SO_BINDTODEVICE

djczaski
My device has multiple interfaces and supports dynamic ips.
SO_BINDTODEVICE looks like it would be used to specify a device in the
listen statement instead of having to update every IP change.

I see someone submitted a patch years ago that wasn't accepted and
there was no follow on. Is there any particular reason other than this
probably isn't a common use case? Is this something that could be
added in the future?

https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?29,234862

Re: SO_BINDTODEVICE

zakirenish
Do you have a reliable source about it being deprecated? I couldn't find
any. A comment on stackoverflow claims the opposite[1].

Would you consider accepting a patch for supporting it (we can rebase the
original patch and restart the discussion)?

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/a/1215424/764870

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,266753,288942#msg-288942