Registering Nginx callback in external library

Registering Nginx callback in external library

sammy_raul

Hi All,

Here's what I wanted to do:

1) I wanted to write a Nginx location handler for example "/mylocation" which when invoked should call another program to get the response.

2) The other external program provides a client library where we can register callbacks.

3) The external program will call the callback when the data is available.

I wanted to know if I am using an external library and one of the external API is asking for registering callback, how i can achieve this in Nginx.

I cannot give any function from my handler, as that is called internally by the nginx Core.

Please guide me how I can register a callback inside Nginx which will be called by the external program.

Thanks,

Raul.

Re: Registering Nginx callback in external library

sammy_raul
Anything on this guys.

Raul

Re: Registering Nginx callback in external library

Yichun Zhang (agentzh)
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Sammy Raul <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's what I wanted to do:
>
> 1) I wanted to write a Nginx location handler for example "/mylocation"
> which when invoked should call another program to get the response.
>
> 2) The other external program provides a client library where we can
> register callbacks.
>
> 3) The external program will call the callback when the data is available.
>

> I wanted to know if I am using an external library and one of the external
> API is asking for registering callback, how i can achieve this in Nginx.

Take a look at the ngx_drizzle module which integrates the external
client library libdrizzle into the Nginx core and generates outputs
for an nginx location:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpDrizzleModule

Also take a look at the ngx_postgres module which integrates external
client library libpq into the Nginx core:

    https://github.com/FRiCKLE/ngx_postgres

Hope this helps,
-agentzh

Re: Registering Nginx callback in external library

sammy_raul
Hi,

Thanks for your pointers, but one thing I still not understood from the links you have provided is that how I can register a callback in my handler which will be called by the external library.

In the links you have provided the read write event handler is called when any read write happens on the DB. But my case it's the external program who will call the Nginx callback.
So I am not sure how I can pass a callback from Nginx to external library API.

Please tell me what I can do in this scenario.

Thanks,
Raul.