Re: Use nginx ngx_stream_ssl_preread_module to connect to ocserv using proxy protocol v2

Re: Use nginx ngx_stream_ssl_preread_module to connect to ocserv using proxy protocol v2

Thomas Glanzmann
Hello Nikos,

> Are you sure that the nginx module you are using supports the proxy
> protocol version 2?

you're probably right. Nginx seems to support only version 1 of the
proxy protocol because I can't see the binary header preamble. Can
someone confirm?

https://thomas.glanzmann.de/tmp/nginx.pcap

Cheers,
        Thomas

Re: Use nginx ngx_stream_ssl_preread_module to connect to ocserv using proxy protocol v2

Maxim Konovalov
On 12/16/16 12:36 AM, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

> Hello Nikos,
>
>> Are you sure that the nginx module you are using supports the proxy
>> protocol version 2?
>
> you're probably right. Nginx seems to support only version 1 of the
> proxy protocol because I can't see the binary header preamble. Can
> someone confirm?
>
> https://thomas.glanzmann.de/tmp/nginx.pcap

Yes, that's right -- no support for the proxy proto v2.

--
Maxim Konovalov