Quantcast

Question about $upstream_cache_status

Rainer Duffner
Hi,

am I right that $upstream_cache_status primarily concerns nginx' own
upstreams like fastcgi, uwsgi etc?

Or is there a possibility to display whether an upstream varnish has had
the page cached?

Rainer

Re: Question about $upstream_cache_status

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 06:01:11PM +0200, [hidden email] wrote:

> am I right that $upstream_cache_status primarily concerns nginx' own
> upstreams like fastcgi, uwsgi etc?

Yes.

> Or is there a possibility to display whether an upstream varnish has had
> the page cached?

To obtain additional information from upstream servers you can use
HTTP headers.  Headers as received from an upstream server are
available as $upstream_http_* variables, see docs here:

http://nginx.org/r/$upstream_http_

http://nginx.org/