Poor UDP transparent proxy performance

pva

Poor UDP transparent proxy performance

pva
Hi,
    I'm running nginx-1.13.4 and I observe that UDP transparent proxying for
bulk traffic is very slow when compared to TCP transparent proxying.
I get about 4.00 Gbits/sec when using TCP and about 1.05 Mbits/sec when
using UDP. I used iperf to run traffic tests. Is this a known issue? If it
is, are there any plans to fix UDP performance issues?

Thanks,
Joe

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,276167,276167#msg-276167