Quantcast

Page loading is very slow with ngx_http_auth_pam_module

Page loading is very slow with ngx_http_auth_pam_module

Cumali Ceylan
Hello,

I built nginx with ngx_http_auth_pam_module, setup linux-pam for local
passwords with pam_unix module and setup nginx to use this pam config.
Linux-pam config file is below:

auth        sufficient pam_unix.so nullok
account   required pam_unix.so

When I did this, loading of page is very slow. If i remove this config
and simply setup nginx for basic authentication (with auth_basic), page

Is there anyone who observed same thing with me ? Any information will
be helpful.

Kind regards,
Cumali Ceylan

Re: Page loading is very slow with ngx_http_auth_pam_module

Chris Wijtmans
are your shell logins slow as well? sometimes PAM behaves like this.

Live long and prosper,

Christ-Jan Wijtmans
https://github.com/cjwijtmans
http://facebook.com/cj.wijtmans
http://twitter.com/cjwijtmans

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Cumali Ceylan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I built nginx with ngx_http_auth_pam_module, setup linux-pam for local
> passwords with pam_unix module and setup nginx to use this pam config.
> Linux-pam config file is below:
>
> auth        sufficient pam_unix.so nullok
> account   required pam_unix.so
>
> When I did this, loading of page is very slow. If i remove this config and
> simply setup nginx for basic authentication (with auth_basic), page loading
> is again turns to normal.
>
> Is there anyone who observed same thing with me ? Any information will be
> helpful.
>
> Kind regards,
> Cumali Ceylan

Re: Page loading is very slow with ngx_http_auth_pam_module

Cumali Ceylan
No it seems good to me. In addition, I tried to install nscd upon a
suggestion but it didn't make a difference. I can see that the nscd
cahces the user in its log file.