Nginx openssl Async mode support

wld75
Hi Team,

      I am new to Nginx and I am developing a new OpenSSL Dynamic engine
which supports OpenSSL async mode. I have verified the async mode function
via speed command provided by OpenSSL.

     Now I  need to integrate the OpenSSL with Nginx. In all the reference
it showing that It requires Intel QAT engine support. In my case, I am using
my own engine.

What all the configuration requires to test this.?
Is there any dependency for QAT framework. ?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281121,281121#msg-281121

Re: Nginx openssl Async mode support

On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 05:28:01PM -0400, jeffin.joy wrote:

>       I am new to Nginx and I am developing a new OpenSSL Dynamic engine
> which supports OpenSSL async mode. I have verified the async mode function
> via speed command provided by OpenSSL.
>
>      Now I  need to integrate the OpenSSL with Nginx. In all the reference
> it showing that It requires Intel QAT engine support. In my case, I am using
> my own engine.
>
> What all the configuration requires to test this.?
> Is there any dependency for QAT framework. ?

There is no support for OpenSSL async operations in nginx.  There
were some patches developed by Intel as part of the QAT work,
though these were never submitted for inclusion into nginx (and
probably not ready for it).  To use nginx with OpenSSL async
operations you'll need these patches or an equivalent.