New compilation failure

Olaf van der Spek
Hello,
I have an nginx and modsecurity that is installed via our ansible
environment.  It has been running fine for over half a year with no issues.
This morning I ran it and worked fine.  This afternoon I ran it and it is
erroring.  The environment is git version controlled, so nothing changed in
the scripts.

The following command is run:
cd /root/nginx-1.13.4 && ./configure --user=www-data --group=www-data
--prefix=/opt/nginx --with-debug --with-ipv6 --with-http_ssl_module
--with-http_gzip_static_module --with-http_stub_status_module
--with-cc-opt=-Wno-error --with-ld-opt=
--add-module=/usr/lib/modsecurity-nginx-connector
--add-module=/opt/ecolane/rails/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.1/gems/passenger-5.0.28/src/nginx_module
&& make && make install

And the, looks to be, relevant error generated during the make is:
5.0.28/buildout/common/libboost_oxt.a -lstdc++ -lpthread -lm -lrt -lpcre
-lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz \
        -Wl,-E
objs/addon/src/ngx_http_modsecurity_module.o: In function
`ngx_http_modsecurity_create_ctx':
/usr/lib/modsecurity-nginx-connector/src/ngx_http_modsecurity_module.c:258:
undefined reference to `msc_new_transaction_with_id'
make[1]: *** [objs/nginx] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nginx-1.13.4'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Any ideas what the issue is or where to dig?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281731,281731#msg-281731

Re: New compilation failure

Olaf van der Spek
Thinking there may have been a change with the   ModSecurity Nginx Connector
?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281731,281732#msg-281732

Re: New compilation failure

Olaf van der Spek
Same here but with nginx-1.15.6 so I guess it's a ModSecurity issue since my
previous build with 1.15.5 was working.

Maybe related to v3/master branch CI failed build?
https://github.com/SpiderLabs/ModSecurity/branches

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281731,281883#msg-281883

Re: New compilation failure

Olaf van der Spek
Yeah I fixed this issue.  It was definitely the modsecurity connector.  They
had done an update to master branch that required to use their newer
libraries.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281731,281887#msg-281887

Re: New compilation failure

Felipe Zimmerle
Hi,

Please upgrade your libModSecurity to v3.0.3:

Br.,
Z.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 11:14 AM alang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah I fixed this issue.  It was definitely the modsecurity connector.  They
had done an update to master branch that required to use their newer
libraries.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281731,281887#msg-281887

Re: New compilation failure

Olaf van der Spek