NGINX is shutting down immediately in windows

xrd

NGINX is shutting down immediately in windows

xrd
Hi Team,

When I am running NGINX on windows directly(not from service), the process
is shutting down immediately. The log says "[alert] 82540#89652: the event
"ngx_master_82540" was not signaled for 5s".

When we run with master_process off; NGINX is running properly but the
problem is making master_process off; is not preferable as per documentation
and one more problem is configuration cannot be reloaded.

Can you please suggest me the way to proceed further as I am stuck and not
able to use NGINX in windows at all.

Thanks In Advance

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,286541,286541#msg-286541

Re: NGINX is shutting down immediately in windows

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 09:51:21AM -0500, dviswanath wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> When I am running NGINX on windows directly(not from service), the process
> is shutting down immediately. The log says "[alert] 82540#89652: the event
> "ngx_master_82540" was not signaled for 5s".
>
> When we run with master_process off; NGINX is running properly but the
> problem is making master_process off; is not preferable as per documentation
> and one more problem is configuration cannot be reloaded.
>
> Can you please suggest me the way to proceed further as I am stuck and not
> able to use NGINX in windows at all.

The message in question suggests that nginx worker processes fails
to start in 5 seconds (or fails to signal it was able to start for
some reason).  To find out why exactly this happens you may want
to configure debug logging, see here:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html

One possible reason which might cause this is an attempt to use
password-protected SSL private keys on Windows without
ssl_password_file configured.