MAP location in conf file

lists@lazygranch.com
Presently I'm putting maps in the server location. Can they be put in
the very top to make them work for all servers? If not, I can just make
the maps into include files and insert as needed, but maybe making the
map global is more efficient.

Re: MAP location in conf file

Aziz Rozyev
check docs:
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_map_module.html

every directive description has a “Context” field, where you may find
in which configuration context you can put the directive.

regarding your questions, yes, you actually have to put it on the very top - in ‘http'
context.

br,
Aziz.