MAP location in conf file

Gary
Presently I'm putting maps in the server location. Can they be put in
the very top to make them work for all servers? If not, I can just make
the maps into include files and insert as needed, but maybe making the
map global is more efficient.

Re: MAP location in conf file

Aziz Rozyev
check docs:
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_map_module.html

every directive description has a “Context” field, where you may find
in which configuration context you can put the directive.

regarding your questions, yes, you actually have to put it on the very top - in ‘http'
context.

br,
Aziz.