Is there any plan to support WebAssembly?

Is there any plan to support WebAssembly?

肖涵

Hi

WebAssembly provides a new way to extend the module, like envoy already supports WebAssembly. we would like to consult nginx's attitude towards this

In addition, W
e have supported  WebAssembly for N
ignx. we can load the wasm module as your extension like Lua. Will you consider accepting our code as part of open source nginx in the future?

Thanks

Han

Re: Is there any plan to support WebAssembly?

Dmitry Volyntsev

On 20.07.2020 06:21, 肖涵 wrote:

Hi

WebAssembly provides a new way to extend the module, like envoy already supports WebAssembly. we would like to consult nginx's attitude towards this

In addition, We have supported  WebAssembly for Nignx. we can load the wasm module as your extension like Lua. Will you consider accepting our code as part of open source nginx in the future?

Thanks

Han

Hi Han,
We are in  the process of investigation of applicability of WebAssembly in nginx.
Please share more details about the ways you use WebAssembly in nginx.

1) do you have publicly available code right now?
2) Do you support any interoperability interfaces like proxy-wasm? (https://github.com/proxy-wasm/spec/tree/master/abi-versions/vNEXT)
Or please share the details about your WASM runtime, and the way you interact with nginx internals.

>Will you consider accepting our code as part of open source nginx in the future?
If it is just a module, feel free to release it. There are multitudes of community supported modules for nginx. We rarely accept external large patches, because its support requires considerable time and energy.