How to hide Kernel Info & also compile the nginx

How to hide Kernel Info & also compile the nginx

zakirenish
Hello,
I have hosted Nginx 1.16.1 on Ubuntu 16.04. Have configured SSL from
LetsEncrypt. Everything is running fine. Only port 80 and 443 are allowed.

During security testing, I see that kernel information is exposed on
domain.Is there any way to hide kernel information using Nginx ?

Can I compile nginx on Ubuntu 16.04 and reuse it on other deployments? Or
do I need to compile every time ? Please advise.

More details at https://bit.ly/30juXpv/plugins/nessus/11936

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,289160,289160#msg-289160

Re: How to hide Kernel Info & also compile the nginx

J.R.
"Is there any way to hide kernel information using Nginx?"

Scanners 'guess' kernel versions based on various TCP options and such
your server supports. Unless you want to kill performance and make
your server look like it's running an older kernel, there is nothing
to be done.