How to connect Remote shared folder with password

How to connect Remote shared folder with password

ganesh
Hi,

I'm evaluating NGINX web server for our application, currently we use IIS and we wanted to shift to NGINX for better performance. During evaluation, we are struck while connecting the remote located folder with password, need your assisstance in resolving this, please do the needful.

We use 3 servers, web, app & db servers for our php application.

The issue happens when we wanted to connect a shared folder in app server from our web server where the nginx is running.

Web server - NGINX is installed
App server - our PHP application sources are available in a shared folder which can be connected thru username & password

Thank you,
Ganesh

Thanks & Regards
Ganesh.

Thanks & Regards
Ganesh.

Re: How to connect Remote shared folder with password

Francis Daly
On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 09:20:57AM -0000, ganesh wrote:

Hi there,

I don't fully follow your design and expectations in this context, but...

> We use 3 servers, web, app & db servers for our php application.
>
> The issue happens when we wanted to connect a shared folder in app server from our web server where the nginx is running.
>
> Web server - NGINX is installed
> App server - our PHP application sources are available in a shared folder which can be connected thru username & password

...if you want nginx to serve files from a filesystem, you will probably
have most luck if you make sure that the filesystem is available to nginx,
outside of nginx -- mount it as a shared drive, or use a network file
system that presents it as if it were local, so that nginx is just doing
normal local-filesystem things.

However -- nginx does not "do" php, so nginx does not need to care what
or where your php source files are. Typically, you will run a fastcgi
service which does need to access those files; and nginx will tell that
service what filename it should run for this specific request

If you do want nginx to access files provided by a remote service, then
you'll need to make sure that your nginx can speak whatever protocol
your remote service speaks. Often that is http, using nginx's proxy_pass
directive. (Although in that case, nginx isn't accessing files; it is
receiving the response of a http request.)