Quantcast

HTTP To TCP Conversion

purvez
Hi,

I am planning to use Nginx as a webserver to the front end of my susbcriber
tasks (1:N, 1 Rest Server for N Subscriber Tasks). The communication between
the Nginx and my tasks would be over TCP. So, when the Nginx receives the
HTTP messages, it will parse the message and then put to those registerd TCP
clients. Any idea how can this be done.
Thanks, Santos

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273098,273098#msg-273098

Re: HTTP To TCP Conversion

Maxim Konovalov
Hello,

On 3/21/17 7:35 PM, nginxsantos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to use Nginx as a webserver to the front end of my susbcriber
> tasks (1:N, 1 Rest Server for N Subscriber Tasks). The communication between
> the Nginx and my tasks would be over TCP. So, when the Nginx receives the
> HTTP messages, it will parse the message and then put to those registerd TCP
> clients. Any idea how can this be done.
> Thanks, Santos

I'd check if nchan module suits your needs.

--
Maxim Konovalov

Re: HTTP To TCP Conversion

purvez
Thank you. Can you please share more info on this please.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273098,273181#msg-273181

Re: HTTP To TCP Conversion

purvez
Thanks. Is the LUA capable enough to exchange between HTTP module to TCP
module?
Any reference?
Thanks. Santos

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273098,273197#msg-273197

Re: HTTP To TCP Conversion

purvez
Can someone please guide me on how this can be done. I am quite familiar
with nginx code. If someone can guide me how this can be achieved (passing
the incoming traffic over tcp connection to tcp clients), I can pick up...
Any help from the nginx team would be appreciated.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273098,273293#msg-273293

Re: HTTP To TCP Conversion

Francis Daly
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:44:09PM -0400, nginxsantos wrote:

Hi there,

> Can someone please guide me on how this can be done. I am quite familiar
> with nginx code. If someone can guide me how this can be achieved (passing
> the incoming traffic over tcp connection to tcp clients), I can pick up...

Is there some part of the previously-mentioned nchan module design or
source that is unclear or inappropriate here?

I suspect that you may have a better chance of getting a specific answer,
if you ask a specific question.