GeoIP2 Maxmind Module Support for Nginx

raviharshil27
Hi ,

As of now we are using  "nginx-module-geoip-1.10.0-1.el7.ngx.x86_64.rpm"
available at repository
https://nginx.org/packages/rhel/7/x86_64/RPMS/

Cant find rpm for geoip2 module .

Please suggest from were to get the rpm package of geoip2 module as we are
using nginx-1-10.2 rpm.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281341,281341#msg-281341

Re: GeoIP2 Maxmind Module Support for Nginx

Frank Liu
nginx doesn't officially support geoip2. You have to use third party modules like https://github.com/leev/ngx_http_geoip2_module

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 2:39 PM anish10dec <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,

As of now we are usingĀ  "nginx-module-geoip-1.10.0-1.el7.ngx.x86_64.rpm"
available at repository
https://nginx.org/packages/rhel/7/x86_64/RPMS/

Cant find rpm for geoip2 module .

Please suggest from were to get the rpm package of geoip2 module as we are
using nginx-1-10.2 rpm.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281341,281341#msg-281341

Re: GeoIP2 Maxmind Module Support for Nginx

Rainer Duffner
Am 2018-09-21 17:00, schrieb Frank Liu:
> nginx doesn't officially support geoip2. You have to use third party
> modules like https://github.com/leev/ngx_http_geoip2_module

NGINX Plus does, though:

https://www.nginx.com/products/nginx/modules/geoip2/

"Support details: Supported by NGINX, Inc. for active NGINX Plus
subscribers"

Re: GeoIP2 Maxmind Module Support for Nginx

Frank Liu
If you click the link in step 4 on the page you mentioned, it goes to the same site in my earlier email.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 3:30 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 2018-09-21 17:00, schrieb Frank Liu:
> nginx doesn't officially support geoip2. You have to use third party
> modules like https://github.com/leev/ngx_http_geoip2_module

NGINX Plus does, though:

https://www.nginx.com/products/nginx/modules/geoip2/

"Support details: Supported by NGINX, Inc. for active NGINX Plus
subscribers"

Re: GeoIP2 Maxmind Module Support for Nginx

raviharshil27
If the GeoIP2 is not working, you can try to install the IP2Locatoin Nginx
using the tutorial below.

https://www.ip2location.com/tutorials/how-to-use-ip2location-geolocation-with-nginx

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281341,281352#msg-281352

Re: GeoIP2 Maxmind Module Support for Nginx

raviharshil27
In both the cases , either geoip2 or ip2location we will have to compile
Nginx to support .

Currently we are using below two RPM's from Nginx Repository
(http://nginx.org/packages/mainline/centos/7/x86_64/RPMS/)
nginx-1.10.2-1.el7.ngx.x86_64
nginx-module-geoip-1.10.2-1.el7.ngx.x86_64

Is the rpm module available or is there any plan to make it available.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281341,281455#msg-281455

Frank Liu Wrote:

> nginx doesn't officially support geoip2. You have to use third party
> modules like https://github.com/leev/ngx_http_geoip2_module
>
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 2:39 PM anish10dec
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi ,
> >
> > As of now we are using
> "nginx-module-geoip-1.10.0-1.el7.ngx.x86_64.rpm"
> > available at repository
> > https://nginx.org/packages/rhel/7/x86_64/RPMS/
> >
> > Cant find rpm for geoip2 module .
> >
> > Please suggest from were to get the rpm package of geoip2 module as
> we are
> > using nginx-1-10.2 rpm.
> >
> > Posted at Nginx Forum:
> > https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281341,281341#msg-281341

Hello.
Is it planned to add a package with the module
https://github.com/leev/ngx_http_geoip2_module to the official nginx
repository (as it is now for the GeoIP v1 module)?
So that the user can safely update nginx through the linux package manager
(apt/yum) without rebuilding the third-party module each time from the
sources?
Or are there any difficulties with this (internal competition with
nginx-plus, inappropriate license ngx_http_geoip2_module, etc)?
Thank you for the information.
Sincerely.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281341,282564#msg-282564

Re: GeoIP2 Maxmind Module Support for Nginx

Karl Johnson-2

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 4:49 AM anish10dec <[hidden email]> wrote:
In both the cases , either geoip2 or ip2location we will have to compile
Nginx to support .

Currently we are using below two RPM's from Nginx Repository
(http://nginx.org/packages/mainline/centos/7/x86_64/RPMS/)
nginx-1.10.2-1.el7.ngx.x86_64
nginx-module-geoip-1.10.2-1.el7.ngx.x86_64

Is the rpm module available or is there any plan to make it available.

Hello,

I'm building nginx RPM for CentOS 6 and 7 which now include ngx_http_geoip2_module. If this package can help and you want to test it on a new server, just add the yum repository and install it from the testing repo:

el7 #> yum install https://repo.aerisnetwork.com/stable/centos/7/x86_64/aeris-release-1.0-4.el7.noarch.rpm
el7 #> yum --enablerepo=aeris-testing install nginx-more

You can find more information about this package on GitHub: https://github.com/karljohns0n/nginx-more

Karl