Fwd: Encrypted SNI

Владислав Толмачев

When nginx will emplemented Encrypted SNI support?

Re: Fwd: Encrypted SNI

On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 08:40:04PM +0300, Владислав Толмачев wrote:

> When nginx will emplemented Encrypted SNI support?
> Cloudflare already do this, https://www.cloudflare.com/ssl/encrypted-sni/

Likely once Encrypted SNI support will be added to the OpenSSL
library.  Currently, it is not there.

Re: Fwd: Encrypted SNI

wld75
Nginx supports BoringSSL too and it already has ESNI support apparently
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/07/17/encrypted_server_names/

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281512,281517#msg-281517

Re: Fwd: Encrypted SNI

On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 10:32:54PM -0400, George wrote:

> Nginx supports BoringSSL too and it already has ESNI support apparently
> https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/07/17/encrypted_server_names/

Yes, I've seen this article too.  But I don't see any traces of
ESNI support neither in BoringSSL sources, nor at
boringssl-review.googlesource.com.

As far as I understand, "Support for ESNI can be found in
BoringSSL" in this article means that some ESNI patches for
BoringSSL might exist somewhere, not yet committed, and probably
not yet public.

Re: Fwd: Encrypted SNI

wld75
Thanks Maxim. Guess we just need to wait :)

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,281512,281540#msg-281540