Free O’Reilly animal book about nginx

Igor Sysoev-2

Nearly 20 years ago I read my first O’Reilly book, Learning Perl.
Back then I never would have dreamed O’Reilly would someday publish
a book written about the software I created, yet here we are today.

I am honored to announce that later this year O’Reilly Media will
publish one of their iconic animal books entitled
nginx: A Practical Guide to High Performance,
and I’m delighted to offer you a preview edition download today.
This five chapter preview covers:

* How to install nginx
* How to use nginx as a software load balancer
* How to set up nginx as a reverse proxy for serving dynamic web applications
* How to tune nginx for optimal performance and security
* And more!

I hope you enjoy the book.
--
Igor Sysoev

Re: Free O’Reilly animal book about nginx

Igal @ Lucee.org
this is awesome news!  congrats!!!

the download link is broken though (404).

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

On 7/30/2015 12:34 PM, Igor Sysoev wrote:

Nearly 20 years ago I read my first O’Reilly book, Learning Perl.
Back then I never would have dreamed O’Reilly would someday publish
a book written about the software I created, yet here we are today.

I am honored to announce that later this year O’Reilly Media will
publish one of their iconic animal books entitled
nginx: A Practical Guide to High Performance,
and I’m delighted to offer you a preview edition download today.
This five chapter preview covers:

* How to install nginx
* How to use nginx as a software load balancer
* How to set up nginx as a reverse proxy for serving dynamic web applications
* How to tune nginx for optimal performance and security
* And more!

I hope you enjoy the book.
--
Igor Sysoev

Re: Free O’Reilly animal book about nginx

Sarah Novotny

On Jul 30, 2015, at 1:12 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org <[hidden email]> wrote:

this is awesome news!  congrats!!!

the download link is broken though (404).

It’s been fixed :)

sarah

Re: Free O’Reilly animal book about nginx

shahzaib mushtaq
Whoops,

http://prntscr.com/7yzccl

That's great btw :)

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 1:40 AM, Sarah Novotny <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jul 30, 2015, at 1:12 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org <[hidden email]> wrote:

this is awesome news!  congrats!!!

the download link is broken though (404).

It’s been fixed :)

sarah

Re: Free O’Reilly animal book about nginx

Aleksandar Lazic
Hi Igor.

Am 30-07-2015 21:34, schrieb Igor Sysoev:

>> Nearly 20 years ago I read my first O’Reilly book, Learning Perl.
>> Back then I never would have dreamed O’Reilly would someday publish
>> a book written about the software I created, yet here we are today.
>>
>> I am honored to announce that later this year O’Reilly Media will
>> publish one of their iconic animal books entitled
>> nginx: A Practical Guide to High Performance,
>> and I’m delighted to offer you a preview edition download today [1].

Congratulations.

When I think back ~10 Years ago I'm sure you have not thought that nginx
could be THAT popular, haven't you ;-).

Thank you that you have started to create nginx.

Best regards
Aleks

Re: Free O’Reilly animal book about nginx

vedranf
thanks Igor and Nginx !

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,260658,260666#msg-260666

Re: Free O’Reilly animal book about nginx

Gregory Edigarov

On 07/30/2015 10:34 PM, Igor Sysoev wrote:

Nearly 20 years ago I read my first O’Reilly book, Learning Perl.
Back then I never would have dreamed O’Reilly would someday publish
a book written about the software I created, yet here we are today.

I am honored to announce that later this year O’Reilly Media will
publish one of their iconic animal books entitled
nginx: A Practical Guide to High Performance,
and I’m delighted to offer you a preview edition download today.
This five chapter preview covers:

* How to install nginx
* How to use nginx as a software load balancer
* How to set up nginx as a reverse proxy for serving dynamic web applications
* How to tune nginx for optimal performance and security
* And more!

I hope you enjoy the book.

Thank you, but the download doesn't start on my Firefox.

Re: Free O’Reilly animal book about nginx

Maxim Konovalov
Hi,

[...]
> Thank you, but the download doesn't start on my Firefox.

Check your mailbox instead.  You should receive a link to the preview.

--
Maxim Konovalov
http://nginx.com

Re: Free O’Reilly animal book about nginx

Mark Mielke

I requested it a few days ago. It was a little confusing. The link was circular... You get a link to request a copy which gets you a link to request a copy. But the email had a pdf attachment and that was the book if I recall correctly... I really like nginx and the thinking of the people behind it. Thank you!

On Jul 31, 2015 4:18 AM, "Maxim Konovalov" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]