Empty file "off" under /usr/local/nginx/

Empty file "off" under /usr/local/nginx/

zakirenish
Hello,

I found an empty file "off" under /usr/local/nginx/, then I deleted it, this
empty file be automatically recreated, why?

Thanks.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,287577,287577#msg-287577

Re: Empty file "off" under /usr/local/nginx/

Francis Daly
On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 01:15:05AM -0400, q1548 wrote:

Hi there,

> I found an empty file "off" under /usr/local/nginx/, then I deleted it, this
> empty file be automatically recreated, why?

Somewhere in your config, you set "off" as the name of the file to write,
probably thinking that you are disabling the facility instead.

Perhaps "error_log off;" is used?

  nginx -T | grep off

may show it; then repeating "nginx -T" and finding the context should
show you which file/line is involved.

Re: Empty file "off" under /usr/local/nginx/

zakirenish
Thank you, Francis.

Oh,.... yes, you are right, thank you so much.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,287577,287579#msg-287579

Re: Empty file "off" under /usr/local/nginx/

Oleg A. Mamontov
On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 01:15:05AM -0400, q1548 wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I found an empty file "off" under /usr/local/nginx/, then I deleted it, this
>empty file be automatically recreated, why?

Sounds like there is 'error_log off;' somewhere in your configuration.

>Thanks.
>
>Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,287577,287577#msg-287577

Oleg A. Mamontov

mailto: [hidden email]

skype:  lonerr11
cell:   +7 (903) 798-1352

Re: Empty file "off" under /usr/local/nginx/

zakirenish
Thanks, Oleg.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,287577,287582#msg-287582