Quantcast

Efficient stream proxy

fengx
Hi,

I'd like to implement proxy server for internet radio streaming. And I'd
like to reuse existing established connection to the upstream for all
clients which listen the same "radio station"/"url".

Right now every listener creates a new connection on nginx side. Is it even
possible to reuse one connection for everyone?

Thanks in advance.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273848,273848#msg-273848

Re: Efficient stream proxy

Roman Arutyunyan
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:11:00PM -0400, kay wrote:
> I'd like to implement proxy server for internet radio streaming. And I'd
> like to reuse existing established connection to the upstream for all
> clients which listen the same "radio station"/"url".
>
> Right now every listener creates a new connection on nginx side. Is it even
> possible to reuse one connection for everyone?

Nothing like that is currently implemented in HTTP or stream.

But if you write your own module, nothing is impossible.

--
Roman Arutyunyan