Does the variable "$request_time" include ssl handshake time?

Does the variable "$request_time" include ssl handshake time?

yf chu
The definition of "$request_time" is that "request processing time in seconds with a milliseconds resolution; time elapsed since the first bytes were read from the client". But I want to know whether it includes the ssl handshake time? If not, is there any method to get the duration of ssl handshake in Nginx?

Re: Does the variable "$request_time" include ssl handshake time?

Sergey Kandaurov

> On 21 Dec 2018, at 11:48, yf chu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The definition of "$request_time" is that "request processing time in seconds with a milliseconds resolution; time elapsed since the first bytes were read from the client". But I want to know whether it includes the ssl handshake time?

No.

> If not, is there any method to get the duration of ssl handshake in Nginx?

I'm not aware of.

--
Sergey Kandaurov