Creating CNAME

vedranf
Hi Guys ,

we are hosting providers , my doubt is when i cname www in godaddy or in AWS
its not getting pointed to the site. But when i create a test cname like
beta or any other thing its getting pointed for eg.

My Website : events.nginx.com this is my website for example

in godaddy i'm creating cname like www.news.com =>CNAME=>events.nginx.com
when i point like this its not working but

beta.news.com =>CNAME=>events.nginx.com when i point , this works

Can anyone help me on this issue

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,255387,255387#msg-255387

Re: Creating CNAME

vedranf
Hi Richard ,

Thanks for the reply ...

This issue is been for 1 month ... But still can't resolve it

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,255387,255391#msg-255391

Re: Creating CNAME

Gregory Edigarov
Hi,
What are your real hostnames/domains then?

On 12/10/2014 04:24 AM, krajeshrao wrote:

> Hi Richard ,
>
> Thanks for the reply ...
>
> This issue is been for 1 month ... But still can't resolve it
>
> Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,255387,255391#msg-255391

Re: Creating CNAME

vedranf
Hi

brooklynwate.org and innoviaweb.com are the two domain name innovled . in
this i want to create CNAME for www.brooklynwate.org
=>CNAME=>events.innoviaweb.com. when i do this its not working .

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,255387,255396#msg-255396

Re: Creating CNAME

Darren Pilgrim
On 12/10/2014 4:09 AM, krajeshrao wrote:
> brooklynwate.org and innoviaweb.com are the two domain name innovled . in
> this i want to create CNAME for www.brooklynwate.org
> =>CNAME=>events.innoviaweb.com. when i do this its not working .

Dumb question, but are you removing the A record for
www.brooklynwate.org when you add the CNAME?

Re: Creating CNAME

vedranf
yes as AWS does not add CNAME when i have a A record

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,255387,255411#msg-255411