Quantcast

Change target host in proxy_pass

Tomasz Kapek
Hello,
I have NGINX acting as reverse proxy and I would like to achieve something like this:

When I get a request like this GET http://app1.mydomain.aa.com/aaa/bbb it should be converted to:
GET http://app1.mydomain.bb.com/aaa/bbb so such directive will do the job:

proxy_pass http://app1.mydomain.bb.com;
problem is that I want to convert host part automatically (regex) basing on incoming requests to NGINX  - app1.mydomain are not fixed they are changing very often.
Is it possible? Can anyone get a clue how proxy_pass statement should look like?

Re: Change target host in proxy_pass

Lucas Rolff-2
You can proxy_set_header Host – that should override whatever is defined in proxy_pass