Building Nginx from source for Windows

David Woodstuck
I have two questions:

1. How do I build Nginx from source for Windows?

2. If I can build Nginx from source for one Window OS, can I copy Nginx into another Windows?

3. I have already build Nginx from for Linux because I need this module - https://github.com/yaoweibin/ngx_http_substitutions_filter_module. The build processs is the same for Linux and Windows(http://nginx.org/en/docs/configure.html).

Thanks,

David

答复: Building Nginx from source for Windows

四弦-2

Hello,

The binary program built for Linux can't run directly on Windows.And the source of nginx is called a 'tarball',whose file structure is fit for Linux.To build it,you need Linux build tool chains.

The best solution is Cygwin,which is a program that allow you to use POSIX programs on Windows.Or if you use Windows10(Build 14393 and higher),you can consider to use Linux Subsystem On Windows.

Re: Building Nginx from source for Windows

blason
Use this one, portable, tried, tested, production ready
http://nginx-win.ecsds.eu/

2: yes
3: yes already included.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,275804,275808#msg-275808

Re: 答复: Building Nginx from source for Windows

David Woodstuck
If I build Nginx by following instructions on http://nginx.org/en/docs/howto_build_on_win32.html on one Window machine, Can I copy it on this machine and paste it on another Window machine and use it?

Thanks,

David

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 1:05 AM, 四弦 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

The binary program built for Linux can't run directly on Windows.And the source of nginx is called a 'tarball',whose file structure is fit for Linux.To build it,you need Linux build tool chains.

The best solution is Cygwin,which is a program that allow you to use POSIX programs on Windows.Or if you use Windows10(Build 14393 and higher),you can consider to use Linux Subsystem On Windows.

1. How do I build Nginx from source for Windows?

2. If I can build Nginx from source for one Window OS, can I copy Nginx into another Windows?

3. I have already build Nginx from for Linux because I need this module - https://github.com/yaoweibin/ngx_http_substitutions_filter_module. The build processs is the same for Linux and Windows(http://nginx.org/en/docs/configure.html).
Building nginx from Sources. The build is configured using the configure command. It defines various aspects of the system, including the methods nginx is allowed to ...

ngx_http_substitutions_filter_module - a filter module which can do both regular expression and fixed string substitutions for nginx

Thanks,

David

答复: 答复: Building Nginx from source for Windows

四弦-2

Hello,

It's no problem,like any other program built on Windows.

Re: 答复: 答复: Building Nginx from source for Windows

David Woodstuck
I followed instruction on http://nginx.org/en/docs/howto_build_on_win32.html. Once I run "nmake -f objs/Makefile", I got the following error:

$ nmake -f objs/Makefile

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 14.00.24210.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

        "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\nmake.exe" -
f auto/lib/pcre/makefile.msvc PCRE="objs/lib/pcre-8.40" pcre.h

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 14.00.24210.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

        cd objs/lib/pcre-8.40
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0
\VC\bin\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Please help me out.

David