Any equivalent of mod_dumpio

vedranf
Is there anything like Apache's mod_dumpio? Any way to get a full running
trace of request & responses, including the body data? Would such a thing be
useful to anyone besides me?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,238419,238419#msg-238419

Re: Any equivalent of mod_dumpio

Gregory Edigarov

does debug log (http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html) suffice?

--
With best regards,
      Gregory Edigarov

Re: Any equivalent of mod_dumpio

vedranf
Just tried that out. Quite a nice dump, but I don't see the body in the
output.
I'm tracing ActiveSync via a proxy, wanting to glean the WBXML in the body,
kinda like using a proxy as a sniffer.

If I have to develop this, is the debug feature the right place?

I could see creating a filter module, maybe? Note that I also want to be
able to capture & display POST data going toward the server.

Advice appreciate.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,238419,238434#msg-238434

jeff7091 Wrote:
> Is there anything like Apache's mod_dumpio? Any way to get a full
> running trace of request & responses, including the body data? Would
> such a thing be useful to anyone besides me?

I would be quite interested in this as well. Debug log is great, but does
not show full response bodies like mod_dumpio does. Did you end up writing
something?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,238419,240013#msg-240013